- An American Heart Association Training Center - Windham, NH
An American Heart Association Training Center - Windham, NH
Connie Courcy, RN
Training Center Coordinator
Director of Education
Windham, NH Training Center
Call to Enroll: (603) 890-3533 or Enroll Online
Over 43,000 Enrollments
The new 2020 guidelines have been released and we've added new 2020GL scheduled classes for BLS, ACLS & PALS traditional classes & blended learning programs
Educational Critical Care Concepts is an American Heart Association Authorized Training Center headquartered at The Commons in Windham NH. If you have a group, call us to discuss holding a class onsite at your location.
We provide Heartsaver First Aid, CPR, Basic Life Support (BLS), Basic Dysrhythmia, Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) training to the community and healthcare providers that are in need of new certification and re-certification in accordance with the American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines.
All courses are instructed in either a traditional classroom format or in a Blended eLearning format.
- Traditional classroom format
- All course components are presented in a classroom setting (no online, except for pre-test for advanced courses)
- Blended eLearning format:
- Classroom component is conducted online as a self-directed program. Once the online component has been completed (including the written test), the student comes in to our training center for a hands-on skills practice/testing session.
All of our courses are American Heart Association courses and successful completion of course results in an American Heart Association course completion eCard that is recognized nationwide.
In keeping current with current technology, Educational Critical Care Concepts has outfitted all of our training locations with new ECG Simulators! These state of the art simulators are for use in ACLS/PALS classes to enhance the students learning experience. These simulators are used with pre-set practice scenarios and AHA Megacode scenarios for testing. With new simulators, students will monitor vitals including temperature, heart rate, SPO2, ETCO2, Xrays & capnography. Additionally, with the touch screen, students will be able to check NIBP, charge and use defibrillator, perform synchronized cardioversion, perform transcutaneous pacing and much more.
What Makes Us Different?
- Training Center Coordinator Focused on Quality Education
- Our Director of Education/ Training Center Coordinator is a very active participant in the American Heart Association. She brings 25+ years of nursing experience in emergency healthcare working in the New England area, specifically southern NH and the Boston, MA area hospitals. She is an experienced educator, is an American Heart Association BLS, ACLS & PALS Regional Faculty Member for Northern New England and member of the Northern New England American Heart Association QA/QI Sub-committee.. Our emphasis is on performing all classes in the most comprehensive manner for the best possible quality training for all participants.
- Experienced Healthcare Professional Instructors
- Our instructors are experienced healthcare professionals and emergency medical responders who are active in the field and have first hand experience with codes and emergency situations.
- Hands-On Practice with Emphasis On Practice
- In all of our classes, each participant is required to actually demonstrate their skills. Each participant has their set of equipment for practicing and demonstrating all aspects of life support on their manikin. Each participant has their own workspace where they perform hands-on-practice on the table top, no practice will be performed on the floor, eliminating knee and back fatigue, unless of course that is what you prefer. While we do realize that in reality, we take care of the victim wherever they may fall; in the classroom, participants practice on the table top to alleviate any distractions from discomfort and focus on skills application.
- Small Class Sizes
- Class sizes are intentionally kept small (no more than 20 participants) to allow each participant to receive the individual attention they need to get the most out of their training experience
- Excellent Student: Instructor Ratios
- We strictly maintain excellent instructor to student ratios in accordance with American Heart Association guidelines to give the student ample opportunity to receive instant feedback during their skills practice and have the opportunity to get their questions answered immediately
- One-to-One Student to Equipment Ratios - (No Equipment Sharing)
Educational Critical Care Concepts uses up to date new equipment including brand new Instrumented Real-Time Directive Feedback Manikins programmed to the new 2015 AHA Guidlines. Other new equipment includes touch screen simulators that provides instant patient feedback for advanced classes. Additional training equipment includes Saniman Adult manikins, Baby Anne infant manikins, adult/infant BVMs, one way valves, Heartstart FR2 AED trainers, Adult ACLS manikins, defibrillators, advanced airways and more. Each participant uses their own equipment without the need to share. All equipment is sanitized after each class. Participants will breath into the manikins using their pocket masks, BVMs, will perform actual chest compressions, use their AED trainer to attach to their manikins and perform simulated shocks, install advanced airways, connect/use defibrillators and administer drugs (no actual drugs used) with actual commercially prepared packing (medications have been replaced with water).
"The goal of Educational Critical Care Concepts is to provide a quality First Aid/CPR/BLS/ACLS/PALS educational service to the community and healthcare professionals that meets the requirements of the American Heart Association (AHA)guidelines while streamlining the certification process required by hospitals, doctors and the needs of the community". "We provide dedicated Training Centers, that offer FLEXIBLE scheduling of courses to meet the needs of the community."
Please report any website issues to email@example.com
Your feedback will help create a better web experience
List of Courses Offered
Traditional Classroom Courses - Healthcare Provider
Advanced Cardiac Life Support Class (ACLS Class) (1st Time or Renewal/Update)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support Class (PALS Class) (1st Time or Renewal/Update)
Basic Life Support Class (BLS Provider Class) - 1st Time/Expired Certification Course
Basic Life Support Renewal Class (BLS Renewal Class) - Current BLS Provider Certification Status
Online (eLEarning Course with Skills Testing Session) - Healthcare Provider
Advanced Cardiac Life Support Online (ACLS Online) aka ACLS Heartcode
Pediatric Advanced Life Support Online (PALS Online) aka PALS Heartcode
Basic Life Support ONLINE (BLS Online) aka BLS Heartcode
Traditional Classroom Courses - Community CPR Courses
Heartsaver First Aid Class
Heartsaver CPR Class
Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Class
Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid Class
Heartsaver Pediatric CPR AED Class
Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Class
Online (eLearning Course with Skills Testing Session) - Community CPR Courses
Heartsaver First Aid Online w/ Skills Testing Session
Heartsaver CPR Online w/ Skills Testing Session
Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Online w/ Skills Testing Session
Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid Online w/ Skills Testing Session
Heartsaver Pediatric CPR AED Online w/ Skills Testing Session
Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Online w/ Skills Testing Session
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.