Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Manual
This manual is the student text for the Basic Life Support (BLS) course.
This item is the student manual for taking the Basic Life Support (BLS) course in a classroom-based format. Manual is based on the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and ECC.
BLS is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. This video-based, Instructor-led course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings. This course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills.
After successfully completing the BLS course, students should be able to:
- describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- describe all the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- perform high-quality CPR on adults, children, and infants
- describe the importance of early AED use and demonstrate using one
- provide effective ventilations with a barrier device
- describe the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants.
Key Features and Benefits
This manual contains all the information students need to successfully complete the BLS course, and is also ideal for use as a reference tool before and after the course. Comes with a multipanel reference card with content on:
- Critical Concepts
- BLS Healthcare Provider Adult Cardiac Arrest Algorithm -- 2015 Update
- BLS Healthcare Provider Pediatric Cardiac Arrest Algorithm for the Single Rescuer -- 2015 Update
- BLS Healthcare Provider Pediatric Cardiac Arrest Algorithm for 2 or More Rescuers -- 2015 Update
- Summary of High-Quality CPR Components
- Relief of Foreign-Body Airway Obstruction
Each student must have his or her own copy of the BLS Provider Manual.
Dimensions and Specifications
8 1/2" x 11"
96 pages, plus a 2-sided, 3-panel pocket reference card (4" x 6 1/2" folded)
Full-color, softcover book